Spend a whole day getting this app a little more fluid. I decided to give it a new tableview which even shows the pictures of your facebook contacts. Now even pictures will be linked to you iCal entry.
- New FriendView with profile picture
- Now even link the image to an addressbook entry, not just the birthdate
- performance as app saves your facebook´s friends for not having to reload them
This is real alpha as new features bring some problems (for now):
- you now can´t choose between linking only the birthdate or the picture but both
- you cant see when a person is linked (will be reinvented soon)
addressbook is still the old abpeoplepickerview which makes figuring out whether a contact already has a picture or not quite nervy. Next release will get this more elegant view too!
Thanks to Coffee & Cocoa for inspiration.
PS: Here some traps i fell in:
- picture connection of Facebook´s GraphAPI returns a HTTP 302 Response leading to the image. NSURLConnection returns the imagedata, not an json object…
- After changing addressbook properties you need to save it.
- Make shure your abrecord is a person by checking
- [addressBook recordClassFromUniqueId:addressBookFriendsID] against @”ABPerson”.
- Only set TIFFRepresentations as images. Otherwise nothing happens
- NSData* data = [image TIFFRepresentation];
- [person setImageData];